Autism Awareness: Early Signs of Autism
I am so blessed! So many people have reached out to me and are helping me with this journey!
Today, I would like to share with you 11 early signs of autism; my source for this info was “Daily Natural Remedies“…
- Not smiling or showing other happy expressions
- No eye contact
- Not babbling (no baby talk)
- Displays unusual movements (i.e. common repetitive movements such as rocking back and forth, head banging, hand flipping, repetitive blinking or staring at lights).
- No words by 16 months
- No attempt to compensate for speech delays: while it is perfectly normal for some children to learn to speak later, children without autism will try to communicate non-verbally (i.e. using their hands to show you something, using their hands to show you that they want to be lifted up etc.), but on the other hand, a child with autism spectrum disorder will not display this sort of nonverbal communication.
- Under or oversensitive
- Does not want to be touched or cuddled
- Difficulty bonding
- Little facial expression
- Loss of skills: the child seems to be regressing and losing skills, words or social connections.
Are you guys aware of any other popular early signs of autism?
When I was reading online, I saw that about 1 in every 50 children are born with autism; so the odds of having a child with ASD are relatively high in comparison to other disorders. With this being said, if you are planning on having children, it’s a good idea to have some knowledge of these signs; the earlier these things are detected, the quicker the child can receive the special help that he or she needs.
Have a blessed day!